This member of the development switch product family supports 12 Ethernet ports running at a maximum of 1 Gbit/s in full-duplex mode at a processing bandwidth of 24 Gbit/s. TTEthernet® is a safety-critical, fault-tolerant, real-time communication protocol integrating data flows of time-triggered, rate-constrained, and standard Ethernet in one physical infrastructure. The TTEthernet switches provide the means for robust partitioning between these three traffic classes, allowing for mixed-criticality systems.
The TTEDevelopment Switch 1Gbit/s 12 ports is based on an Altera Stratix IV GX FPGA and provides 12 1-Gbit/s ports which can be equipped with small form-factor pluggable modules. Electrical (1000 Base-TX) and optical (1000 Base-SX) SFPs are available.
Using TTELoad, the configuration data of the switch can be updated via the network. The data is then stored in the non-volatile memory of the switch, and becomes effective at the next power-up or reset.
- High-speed deterministic Ethernet for safety-critical real-time applications
- Robust partitioning between three traffic classes (time-triggered, rate-constrained and standard Ethernet traffic)
- 12 full-duplex 1 Gbit/s Ethernet ports
- Wide data paths - supporting internal bandwidth processing of 24 Gbit/s
- Full power of the TTEthernet switch IP
- 8 subschedules
- 4096 VL IDs
- 256 shared BAGs
- Clock synchronization at sub-µs level