A Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) is an integrated business and technical strategy to achieve competitive and affordable acquisition and sustainment of complex integrated systems over the system life cycle.
It enables design and procurement of reusable and adaptable systems which are simpler to maintain, to adapt to new mission requirements, and to incrementally modernize over the long term. The technology strategy of the MOSA acquisition approach targets the use of a modular Open System Architectures (OSA) and integrated embedded platform design, including open system interfaces and standards.
This webinar will analyze and outline key system integration capabilities required to support the design of real-time and mixed time-criticality architectures for advanced avionics and mission systems. In particular it will discuss open standards and technologies, including real-time Ethernet standards, Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) and 802.1DP, and how they contribute to the success of modular OSA (Open System Architectures).
- The structure of the MOSA-based system and generic architectures
- System integration and networking capabilities to support MOSA architectures
- Aerospace networking standards and MOSA
- IEEE TSN networking, incl. IEEE 802.1DP Aerospace Profile
- Advanced technology managers/VPs
- Technical leads and chief engineers (SW/HW)
- System architects
- Network engineers