TTTech Aerospace has updated its TTETools development suite to version 5.5, further increasing user-friendliness, flexibility and performance. TTETools offers users the key building blocks for setting up TTEthernet networks. The toolchain is made up of generic development products that support TTTech Aerospace’s complete TTEthernet product line for a range of industries and customer use cases.
“We aim to provide solutions that simplify the technical process, while also giving our customers a maximum in flexibility and control when setting up their TTEthernet networks,” says Michael Krall, Product Manager Software Tools, TTTech Aerospace.
Setting up real-time communication networks usually requires significant know-how and time. For this reason, users often buy complete systems that work for a specific set-up. However, options for modifying network parameters and optimizing the network are limited. TTTech Aerospace gives its customers the flexibility to build and adapt their own TTEthernet networks with a simplified process. With the TTETools development suite, network set-up is quick and user-friendly:
- Network planning: The user enters the network topology and communication requirements into TTEPlan then creates and checks the network configuration data.
- Network configuration: The data generated by TTEPlan is loaded into TTEBuild, which creates the configuration image for each node in the network.
- Device configuration: The configuration image is provided to the data loader, which passes the configuration image on to the devices and finalizes the network set-up.
- Adaptations and finetuning of the network parameters can also be carried out with TTETools during the configuration process.
The lastest modifications to the TTETools development suite include multiple changes and additions to further support user-friendliness and ease of operation:
Thanks to a new table-based workbench editor, the definition of all essential network parameters is simplified to speed up the set-up process.
An extended documentation provides a step-by-step guide, starting with the definition of the mandatory parameters and their order to set up a simple TTEthernet network from scratch. For more advanced users or networks, detailed reference documentation is available.
In addition, the network scheduling algorithms have been considerably extended to ensure that timing requirements of rate-constrained traffic used in TTEthernet and ARINC 664 part 7 (AFDX®) networks are met. Usually, two separate tools are needed to avoid data loss in rate-constrained networks – one to configure the network and one to check the configuration for errors and inconsistencies. The TTETools suite performs both tasks with one tool (TTEPlan), which makes it much easier to adapt the configuration, before the configuration data for the networks’ hardware components is finalized.
- Find out more about TTETools